Thursday 1 October 2015

Great recovery

Headed on to Williams, Arizona.
Sure was a pleasure to feel the cooler temperature at this altitude....
Parked the trailer at the airfield and headed on into Flagstaff looking for a welding shop.
Every welding shop said they were booked up for at least a week......
I found that I had the tubing required in my collection of stuff,
so I cut and cleaned and matched up the parts ready to weld,
then pleaded with the most likely-sounding small shop,
that it would only take him 15 minutes.
Billy said bring it over, and did an excellent job!
The parts fitted just right and now it's stronger than before.
While in the city I went to Home Depot 
and bought a roll of aluminum flashing for an idea I had to repair the rudder.
That worked really well.
The repair looks pretty crude, but will work well.
So we're in flying condition already!
So celebrated by getting some BBQ ribs and a tall Bud,
and enjoyed them at my campsite in the pine trees.
What a relief!




.............................................................................................

The trailer also needed a new zipper sewed on the canvas tail flap,
and I found just the right one-man shop to do such a job.
In Ash Fork, a really small and sleepy town,
mostly retired and getaway folk.
Had it's day when the Route 66 was active,
but now the I-40 interstate bypasses right nearby,
so all they get is the noise.....

Wayne told me about these petroglyphs on their property nearby
Right beside a pool in a creek,
so it must have been a popular camp site for the Indians.

Had a good poke around the rocks for a rattle snake,
but still can't find one.....
I really want to hear one rattle.
They reckon it really makes the hair on the back of your neck stand up.....
Our Australian snakes aren't so considerate to give a warning like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment